This Privacy Statement Regarding Customer ("Privacy Statement") applies to all websites, applications and as well as any other CGX online initiative ("we" or "our"), in which personal data are collected (the "Material"). Therefore, it does not apply to the material of our Business Partners (as outlined below) nor of other third party, even if mentioned on our material via an internet link.
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our Prospects, our Customers and from our website and other online visitors (“you” or “your”).
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement:
· “Business Partner” means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information.
· “Personal Information” means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and location data.
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
· Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, training or information;
· Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
· Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
· Contact us.
The Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, home address, contact telephone numbers, user IDs and passwords, and may also include work information such as job title, company address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. or geolocation data.
In case you make a purchase, we may ask your billing information.
We may also ask you for any data needed to process your billing requests.
We may automatically collect behavioural and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with CGX websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data browser type and language, access times, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and from other third parties.
We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, products and services to you and to help prevent and detect fraud.
CGX and Business Partners can use web beacon in websites or emails. Web tag cases assist us with measuring the performance of our websites. For example, web beacons can count the number of people who visit our website. Web beacons can also tell us when a web page is viewed and provide a description of the page where the beacon is located. The web beacons also allow us to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by counting the number of people who open or respond to an email, determining when an email is open and evaluating the number of email transfers. Subject to local laws, we may combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other Personal Information we have collected from you.
CGX may use your Personal Information to:
· Deliver the products, solutions, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
· Send communications to you, including information about products, solutions and services available from CGX, events and surveys;
· Facilitate communications from CGX Business Partners;
· Customize, analyze and improve our products, solutions, services, technologies, communications and relationship with you;
· Better understand our customers, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site;
· Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
· Preserving the security and integrity of our websites and our products or services; or
· Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
· To comply with a contractual obligation (for example, using your shipment details to make delivery where you have bought a product from us or using your personal details where you have asked us to do something before making a purchase, such as providing you with a quote). We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
· For compliance with CGX’s legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, health and safety, taxation and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
· CGX’s (and its Business Partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Information is stored in our databases which are accessible only by our employees and our Business Partners.
In certain cases, and mainly for technical reasons, these databases can be stored on servers outside the country from which you originally entered the data (including outside the European Union). In that case, and if the countries to which your data are transferred do not have a personal data protection regime as strict as that described in this policy of protection of personal data, we take appropriate action to ensure that your data is processed in accordance with this.
CGX aims to always keep your personal data in the safest and most secure way. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We do this in several ways including:
· Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
· Having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
· Limiting physical access to our premises;
· Limiting access to the personal information we collect;
· Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure;
· Educating all our developers, architects and players to the development of secure web applications and secure coding with special attention to personal data in order to respond to the principle of "Security by design"
· Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information; and
· Warning the customer of the destruction of the media and the files, showing thus the respect of our commitment;
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from CGX asking for your personal information. CGX will not request your ID or password through email.
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, as long as your account is active, and in accordance with CGX’s retention policies and applicable laws.
Except as disclosed in this Privacy Statement or unless we have previously obtained your consent, we will not share your Personal Information with people who are not CGX employees or Business Partners. CGX may transfer your Personal Information to Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
This may involve sharing your personal information in order to complete the requested transactions or to enable our business to better meet your needs. Our Business Partners may contact you to propose information about CGX, and our products, services or offers.
Please note that we strictly require our Business Partners to use your personal data only to manage the services we ask them to provide. We also ask our providers to always act in accordance with the applicable laws regarding the protection of personal data and to pay particular attention to the confidentiality of these data.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if CGX (or a part of CGX) is sold or merges with another company; or if CGX reasonably believes it is necessary to protect CGX, its customers or the public.
Except in the cases described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
· Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
· Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information concerning you.
· Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
· Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
· Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
· Limitation: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
· Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
You can also, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing communications from CGX.
In this case, you must send us an email to the address .
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us at or write to us at the following address:
A l’attention du service Qualité
Espace Entreprises, Le Causse
81100 CASTRES, France
Last update 2019/01/15.